It’s not a secret, if you live in North America or anywhere in the world really, and unless you work and live under a rock, we are all on lock down. For anyone in the corporate world this means working for home; COVID-19 has made our government and its citizens act quickly. We are looking to keep each other safe and be mindful in order to avoid unnecessary loss.
For those of us who can work from home, while it can be exciting, it is only a matter of time before cabin fever will set in. Even if you are an introvert, social interaction is a core need for people. Believe it or not, introverts cannot even handle complete isolation. That is not what they need. They need social breaks, not isolation. That is a whole other problem. Work provides a significant amount of that interaction. Social interactions help decrease stress, strengthen the immune system, and feel sense of support. In a video titled “Do Humans Need to Socialize?” By Besties, they reference how a long-term isolation or solitary confinement could lead to psychological scarring, as referenced by therapist Jonathan Foiles.
Exercise is huge to help elevate dopamine. In other words, you boost your mood through exercise. Less social interactions impact our mood because we need interaction. So to boost our mood we need to do it in a way that we can control and at home exercise is something we can certainly control. It’s a pandemic, but thankfully that is not affecting internet access. So, use it in your favour and tap into these amazing workout videos to get you active.
- 1 Mile Walk Fast| Low Impact Indoor Power Walking Workout by Jessica Smith TV. This is just one of many videos that Jessica Smith has on YouTube. She focuses on low impact, high reward videos that don’t make you feel like you can’t breathe at the end.
- Low Impact 20 Minute HIIT workout – beginner/intermediate (H20 plan workout) by Body Project. First, this couple is hilarious. The end of this video during the stretching portion is the best couple dialogue I have seen in the longest time.
- 10 minute Cardio Dance Abs Workout: Burn to the Beat – by BeFit. This chick is super energetic and can dance! You will like this upbeat, sweat inducing workout.
- Yoga Joy with Adrienne. She has been in the YouTube game forever and is killing it. She has multiple Yoga workouts.
- Sculpt Your Arms – Fast! By CosmoBody. This lady helps Julianne Hough with her arms before red carpet events, so I assumed this workout would be good based on that. I was right. It was only eight minutes long, but it worked.
- 10 Min Standing Abs Workout to get Ripped Abs by Chloe Ting. Ten minutes doesn’t seem like a long time, but trust me it feels like it is. This workout you will feel it and you will know that it worked the next day.
- 10 MIN BOOTY BURN // No Equipment by Pamela Reif. She’s young and modern and her workouts keep you engaged.
- Fun, low impact workout for TOTAL beginners by Body Project. I really like their videos. They are energetic and fun.
- 10 minute Standing ABS WORKOUT // NO Equipment by Heather Robertson. She has some of the best workout music in this video. It just makes you feel like you are on a resort. This is a hard workout and you can tell she is feeling it, too. But it is easier before you are standing. I love this workout.
Commit to at least one of these workouts each day while you are working form home, and you will not only see physical results, you will gain mental results as well.